Record Your Touchstones
breathe in for a count of...
hold for a count of ...
breathe out for a count of ...
hold for a count of...
Touchstones are Steady Joy stories that remind us the Universe has our back. A Touchstone could be something small like the time you found a great parking spot or big like the way you met your best friend. Touchstones were part of my original SJFT I completed every morning, but now I create a list of Touchstones when I am feeling triggered.
Sometimes I create a list of memories that always give me a lift when I think about them:
- Coleman’s easy birth.
- Taylor Swift Red Concert with Jodi and our girls.
- Meeting Sean in Hawaii.
- Cora throwing me a surprise Baby Shower
- Jodi taking me to RI for my 40th birthday.
- Quahog dinner at Nana and Papa’s.
- Renting cabins in Minnesota (Duluth).
- Eating at Rain then seeing Jesus Christ Superstar with Jodi and our Mommy.
Sometimes my lists of favorites are just about what happened the day before. I like creating these lists because it is another way to document my journey and smile at the memory.
8 Touchstones (taken from a list in 2013)
- My coffee was extra yummy because I added some cocoa on top!
2. Coleman slept through the night.
3. Gorgeous weather yesterday. Sunny, clear skies, but smells like fall.
4. A long walk around the neighborhood with Ethan, Maggie, and Coleman.
5. Making fairy houses in the park with the kids and Ava.
6. Family breakfast at the table. Even though I already ate it was nice to be together.
7. Ethan created original ships with his Legos.
8. Maggie made a million Rainbow Loom accessories.
Sometimes I create a theme touchstone list, for example, my favorite soundtracks:
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- Dear Evan Hanson
- Spring Awakening
- Shrek the Musical
- Beauty and the Beast
Touchstone list suggestions:
- Favorite quotes
- Favorite songs
- Favorite meals
- Favorite books
- Favorite experiences
- Favorite board games
- Favorite traditions
- Favorite articles of clothing
What are your Touchstones?
Share on social media with #sj28